Large Scale Job Fairs
Each spring and fall, we hold large, multi-employer job fairs that promote face-to-face interactions between employers and jobseekers.
At our job fairs, the area’s top employers meet with hundreds of potential applicants, who then have the opportunity to ask questions, talk about their skills, and make important connections.
Large and small businesses from a range of industries in Berks County and surrounding areas have participated in these highly anticipated events.
A PA CareerLink® Berks County job fair can:
- Provide a powerful networking opportunity that puts many different employers under one roof to network with potential employees.
- Place participants on the fast track to employment and solve workforce issues in the community.
- Help your company fill vacancies in a hurry.
Don’t just settle for any hire, make your next hire the best hire – attend a PA CareerLink® Berks County job fair!
If you’re looking to hire, try a recruitment at PA CareerLink® Berks County!
With conference rooms of various sizes and configurations, we can accommodate a range of recruitment events. When weather permits, outdoor recruitment events in our parking lot are also available.
Employers can benefit from holding a recruitment event at our conveniently located Reading office by:
- Having the ability to conduct on-the-spot interviews/hires
- Receiving flexible scheduling options/competitive room rentals
- Gaining access to a diverse group of candidates
- Receiving assistance from our professional and courteous staff
- Increasing brand awareness
- Bolstering event awareness through social media ads and community outreach
On-the-Job Training Program
Our On-the-Job Training (OJT) program allows businesses to offset some costs associated with training new hires.
- Businesses are reimbursed at least 50% of a new, eligible employee’s wages for a pre-determined time period
- Average reimbursement per employee is $3,000 – $4,000
- Administration of the OJT takes a minimal amount of company time
- Training is implemented by you and your incumbent staff, the true job experts
- We can refer eligible candidates to you, or you can identify them yourself and forward their information to the Business Services Team to determine your eligibility
- Full time (30 or more hours per week) positions that provide direct new hires with permanent employment (as opposed to seasonal or temporary) are potentially eligible
- Applications must be approved in advance of the new hire’s first day of employment. Contact the Business Services Team at least 5 business days before the start date
Veterans are adaptable, mature, self-confident and can work under pressure in a team environment. They accept authority and seek responsibility and advancement. Most of all they have served our country and have earned our respect. Consider a veteran for your next new hire!
We help connect businesses with qualified veterans by:
- Matching veterans’ skills with available employment opportunities.
- Providing information regarding available training funds and tax credits.
- Connecting businesses with veterans organizations.
For more information about our Veterans Services, contact our local Veterans’ Representative directly at 610-988-1322.
ACT Workforce Solutions
ACT WorkKeys® Assessments measure the most important workplace skills affecting an individual’s job performance, including:
- Applied Math
- Graphic Literacy
- Workplace Documents
- Applied Technology
- Business Writing
- Workplace Observation
The ACT WorkKeys® profiling method links job tasks with ACT WorkKeys® assessments to pinpoint benchmarks for hiring, recruiting, advancement, and training. Job profiling takes a focus-group approach, using input from employees to ensure customized job analysis.
Customizable Recruitment Assistance
We offer a variety of services to assist businesses with all your recruitment needs, including:
- Web-based recruitment through PA CareerLink®
- Recruitment events (at our PA CareerLink® office or your site)
- Interviewing rooms
- Candidate matching, screening and referral of qualified applicants
- Outreach / advertisement coordination
- Paper application services
- Labor Market Information
- Regional training provider information
- Information regarding available tax credits and training funds
- Referrals to other available business supports and community services
Incumbent Worker Training
The incumbent worker training program assists employers in upgrading the skills of their workforce in order to remain competitive in their marketplace. Employers often seek resources to assist in training their incumbent workers on such things as new technologies, processes or leadership skills development.
- Benefits to the employer: The training helps ensure the employer of increased employee effectiveness.
- Benefits to the employees: The training provides new work-related skills and prepares the workers for job upgrades.
Incumbent worker training must lead to an in-demand occupation (as determined by the local Workforce Development Board), but it does not have to lead to a high-priority occupation (HPO). However, because all HPOs are also in-demand occupations, they are likely eligible for incumbent worker training.